ere is the homemade Indian Baby food Recipes collection which is ideal for babies age 6 to 12 months including simple purees, combination purees, porridge’s, health mix powders, snacks, soups, beverages rice dishes and many more. All these recipes are homemade, nutritious, fresh, delicious and easy to prepare at home. This baby food recipe collection helps you to feed your baby with wholesome goodness.
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Never introduce more than 1 food at a time when introducing solids to your baby. Follow 3 days wait for rule(3 days wait rule is a simple way to check possible allergic reactions including skin rashes, tummy troubles like gas or diarrhea or vomiting, poop troubles to new foods offered to your baby. Introduce new food at a space of 3 days apart).
- Check for allergy symptoms when you introducing new food to your baby and stop feeding you if you find any symptoms.
- Any sweetener( if the recipe calls for it) like jaggery, Palm jaggery, etc can be avoided till one year. Instead, sweet-tasting vegetables or fruits can be preferred.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Steaming is a healthy option for baby food than pressure cooking. So I prefer steaming using an Idli pot or steamer.
- Skip cows milk if your baby is under a year old and use breastmilk or formula instead. Add breastmilk or formula to baby food once it’s cooled down.